Pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline recently launched a renewed campaign for COPD.com, a website designed to offer information, interactive, tips, helpful tools, and personal testimonials for patients suffering with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The new launch of the site now offers a more user-friendly interface, divided into six sections offering a host of new COPD-related resources:
– Be Inspired, a testimonial section where nine patients share their experiences of living with COPD;
– Learn COPD Basics, with information about the symptoms, diagnosis, and exacerbations of the disease;
– Make a COPD Plan, offering tips on how to follow a plan and informing about treatment options);
– Manage Day to Day, providing information about how nutrition, pulmonary rehab, exercise activities, and sleep should be followed;
– Get Support, with a list of places where patients can find help;
– and Tools & Resources, with tips on how to tell doctors about the symptoms and the way COPD affects patients’ lives.
The site provides an up-close and personal look at managing and living with the disease, ultimately aiming to help the nearly 15 million American COPD patients improve their quality of life by encouraging education and dialogue between patients and healthcare providers.
In addition, the “Take One Step” feature allows people with COPD to set manageable, personal goals and create a step–by–step action plan.
Acknowledging that COPD can be “very challenging to manage, both physically and emotionally,” the new site brings “a shared experience of what it’s like to live with COPD, promoting understanding and dialogue about the disease,” while “helping people adjust to day-to-day challenges that come” with the disease, said Dr. Courtney Crim, Director of Respiratory Clinical Development at GSK in a recent GSK press release.