The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) kicks off its Global Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month this September 2015, with a mission to better educate the public on the chronic and crippling disease, and at the same time commemorate those patients bravely battling PF, letting them know where to get help and what is currently in the works in the field of research in terms of someday finding a cure. The Foundation’s activities throughout the month include social media campaigns that people from all over the globe can participate in, opportunities to get inspired from guest patients’ stories, as well as fun local activities for all ages.
“We dedicate the month of September to help shine a spotlight on doing something to eradicate pulmonary fibrosis while directing resources critical to those living with the disease,” said Patti Tuomey, EdD, president and chief executive officer of the PFF. “We are proud to lead the charge in mobilizing the community to raise awareness and funding, and we encourage everyone to join us in spreading the word.”
PFF Global Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month activities include:
- #BlueUp4PF – Join the PFF on September 9 or anytime during the month of September by donning blue and making a contribution to the PFF. Post your support on social media using the hastag #BlueUp4PF. This fundraising challenge honors the memory of PFF Ambassador and founder of #BlueUp4PF Diane Reichert who passed away earlier this year. See highlights from #BlueUp4PF from last year on Facebook.
- Where in the World is PF Awareness? – Share a photo wearing a PFF Breathe Bracelet at an iconic landmark or notable area to help reach the goal of showcasing all 50 states and other countries.
- Show Up on Social Media – Share your PF story on social media to increase awareness and highlight the PFF’s mission. Use the hashtags #PFWarrior, #pulmonaryfibrosis, #GPFAM2015, #GlobalPFAwareness, #MakeEveryBreathCount.
- Hear a PFF Ambassador Share Their Story – Now in the second year of the program, new and returning PFF Ambassadors share their experiences with PF to drive disease awareness and to highlight the PFF’s support programs. Learn more about the PFF Ambassadors on the PFF website and invite one to attend a local event.
- Join Team PFF – Team PFF members host a wide range of events throughout the year, including walks and wine tastings to art shows and raffles. Become part of Team PFF by hosting a local event or attend an event near you.
To learn more about Global Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month or to make a donation, please visit www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org. To receive educational resources on PF, contact the PFF Patient Communication Center (PCC) at 844.TalkPFF (844.825.5733) or [email protected].