The SMi Group, a company that hosts events worldwide, recently announced that registration is now open for the 12th Annual Asthma & COPD Conference and Exhibition, set to run April 11-12, 2016, in London.
Noteworthy improvements in asthma and COPD disease management have been achieved through the development of innovative drugs, therapeutic strategies, and nonpharmacologic COPD treatment. However, serious unmet medical needs remain, and the economic costs of the diseases are rising as a larger number of people across Europe and the U.S. are affected.
This year’s SMi-sponsored Asthma & COPD conference will welcome researchers, specialists, stakeholders, and industry leaders to explore innovative drug development programs, and the directives and procedures in place to reduce the burdens associated with respiratory and lung diseases.
The announced 2016 keynote speaker are:
- Ewan Walters, Chairman & Medical Director, Teva UK
- Peter Daley-Yates, Director Clinical Pharmacology, GSK
- Andy Kenwright, Senior Statistical Scientist, Roche Pharma
- Jan Olof Svensson, Principal Scientist, AstraZeneca
- Roland Kolbeck, Senior Director, MedImmune
- Nayna Govind, Director for the Development of Generic Inhalation Products, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Konstantinos Kostikas, Medical Director Respiratory, Novartis
Event topics and highlights include:
- The challenges for generic inhalation products for EU and US markets
- Scientific aspects of quality regulations in respiratory drug development
- Review of innate lymphocytes (ILC) in COPD
- “First in class” inhaled drugs for the treatment of COPD and cystic fibrosis
- Corticosteroid insensitivity in severe asthma
- Study formulation and process of inhaled products
Practical case studies, interactive roundtables and panel discussions, facilitated by industry experts, will cover such issues as vaccination approaches for asthma; COPD inhaled therapies and development of antivirals; the impact of COPD phenotypes on therapy; biomarkers for respiratory drug assessment; and stratified medicine and exacerbation in asthma and COPD.
Two interactive, post-conference workshops, Human Factors and Inhaler Handling Studies by Boehringer Ingelheim and Pragmatic Compliance Remediation – How to get your marketed product into shape? by Corvus Device Limited are also featured.
An early bird registration discount is available through Dec. 17. More information, including contact details, is available on the SMi conference website.
The SMi Group is an event production company that specializes in business to business conferences, workshops, master classes, and training in several industries, including the pharmaceutical sectors.